Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To parents everywhere

There's a few really good reasons why I'm not a parent. The main reason is that I'm not ready to have my world be focused around a kid!! It's not that I'm selfish it's just that I'm young and have a lot more time to think about having kids!! I'm still trying to figure my own life out why would I want to bring a kid into that? The reason why I bring this idea of sacrific up is that I was thinking about the parents and families (including wives and kids), girlfriends, Fiances and friends of my boys. When they were young my boys' parents (and maybe occasional grandparent, aunt, uncle, and sibling) drove them to pracices and games and sat through these things. If I'm not mistaken there might have also been award nights as well.Big hats off to hockey (and sports parents) everywhere!!These boys must have had amazing parents because these young men (for the most part) have been so sweet and respectful to me.
Also to their friends, families, girlfriends, Fiances, wives and kids-y'alls sacrifices are awesome. Think about it they don't get to see these boys that much. For about 6 monthes they have to give up precious time with these boys even if the families relocate to be close to the boys. My boys are from Czech, Sloviakia, Russia, America, Canada and a few other place. I know their families miss them and love them I know that last season Bogi's parents have visited him and went over to Russia with him for the world Championship. Some of the boys go home for a little while for the holidays. These families are awesome, so are the boys!! Not only do they not get to spend a lot of time with them they have to see these guys get beaten up for a living so if there is anything the ministry can do for these families it would be well deserved and I would personally arrange it!!

I once in my crazy little head thought it would be cool to date a hockey player. If I found the right one it wouldn't be so bad!! But it takes a strong woman to be involved with a hockey player!!

So to all of my boys families--Thank you!! To any hockey family--y'all are awesome! To any young lady or woman involved with a hockey player--you are stronger and braver than I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment