Thursday, November 5, 2009

Having Sulli back is great but complicated



After pre season stuff Dan "Sullibear" Sullivan got released so his prayer partner started to pray for Jon Horrell. Dan came back but noone left so I kept him with my other prayer partner, Scott Mifsud. When Jon left I was kind of a pickle, who do I give to Jon's prayer partner? First I had to remember who Jon's prayer partner was. When I checked who was praying for Jon, I started to laugh-it was Kristen. Kristen was praying for Dan last season before he left. I was torn about what to do!! Do I give Kristen Sullibear or Mifsud?? With Mifsud I told him I was praying for him 1st but we haven't talked that much. With Dan I kept him as an extra but we had a bonding moment the other day- the day Jon got released. I think Sullibear was upset about Jon being released. After I was done praying with Matt I noticed that Dan was shaking Jon's hand wishing him luck. Then a little while later Sullibear went to this little area that attaches the rest of the iceforum to the breakaway grill and the thrasher's practice rink. On the way over to him I almost ran over Michael Couch, which probably would have resulted in a fight. When I did get to him, he was all by himself watching the thrashers' that were left at practice. I just went in there saying "Sulli? Umm...I'm about to leave... can I pray with you before I leave?" He said it would be cool. So I go over to the window he was standing at as he faced me. I was sooo nervous! This was only the second time I prayed with one of my boys but I put my hand on his shoulder as we bowed our heads and closed our eyes. When I started to pray it was awesome, he was silent and he was leaning over to hear me. It was awesome. Then something weird happened when Sullibear and I started to walk back to the rest of the boys. He was adjusting his hockey shorts when all of a sudden he has something in his hand.....his cup!!! I flipped out, I didn't know how to react to that. I turned my head away to compose myself thinking "Oh Lord!!! Where did I go wrong?!" I must have looked goofy because he just kinda looked at me weirdly. I couldn't help but at least smile and think "Well our relationship just got weird and awkward!! I'm glad that he is comfy with me." I really am happy that he's showing signs of being comfy with me being there. I love talking to him and he is so sweet. He is how ever a total boy=no discreation!! So who do I keep? I recently made up my mind because of the fact that Sulli is getting comfy with me I want to be him!!


Going back to the whole prayer thing as I mentioned before I also prayed with Matt siddall. Sids was interesting, after every sentence he said either "yeah" OR "that's good." It was odd, I'm so use to people being silent during prayer and sometimes saying something similiar to what Matty said but not after every sentence!!I do love Sids though!! Sids and sulli are two of the guys that I was excited that coach brought back!! You did good coach!! Please keep coach and his extra oridinary young men in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment