Saturday, November 14, 2009

1st star player--Ondrej Pavelec


The term tough guy is ussually used to describe a bull rider, military guy, cop, fire fighter, and countless others but not a goalie!! In hockey you ussually talk about d-mans being tough not goalies, until Ondrej. Ondrej is a tough goalie--tough on himself and tough on players but sweet to fans! After any game where he wins you can hear Ondrej say "I did good but I did let some goals in I shouldn't have!!" One day he saved 50 pucks and only let 1 in!! Then in one of the next games someone on the other team knocks Ondrej's head into the pipe, Ondrej's helmet gets knocked off by the impact. Then Ondrej moves to the other side and gets smacked in the face by the puck!! After checking for blood or teeth he told the refs and everyone else he was fine, puts his helmet back on and kept playing on goal!! This is why I wanted to honor this young man! One day I went to practice and I pulled him aside. "Ondrej I just wanted to let you know My grandma is Czechosloviakian......." his eyes light up and he says "Really?!?!? I'm from Czech Republic!" He was so happy to have me there. I floated on a cloud for almost the rest to the day.


When I asked for other fans "Pavy memories" I only got one response, it was from a fan in Chicago. She said "My favorite thing about Pavy!!! When pavy threw his stick and then gloves when we won the (calder) cup his 1st season with the wolves. Whenever they show that for the opening fireworks, I get all giddy and pumped up, shivers run down my spine. Hope he can do the same for the thrashers!!" We share the same feelings for Pavy we both wanna see him win the Championship for the thrashers and we both love Pavy!! Ondrej is soooo sweet. I can't say that I've heard anyone have anything bad to say about him. The best headline I ever saw on a website said "Ondrej plays like a giant"! This young man has the stature beyond on his 22 years!! I love this guy!! Good luck during the rest of the season sweet bear, glad to have you in Georgia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment