Saturday, November 7, 2009

Meet Mike couch--being prayed for by Ms. Patty



Michael Couch would like to forget what happened in the arena last season. You see Mike played on the mississipi Sea wolves for 2 seasons (2007-2008, 2008-2009). He was a decent player ( scoring 4 goals 18 assists his whole time with Mississippi) until December 12, 2008 when he messed with the wrong Gladiator. Yes ladies and gentleman Mike messed with my old buddy Myles Stoesz!! Myles was a known fighter who got traded to the lowell devils last season. Mike and Myles got into a fight, all was fine until mike's foot got caught in the ice and he fell with Myles falling on top of him (OUCH!). Myles got up, Mike didn't. I peered over the balcony and felt so bad for Mike- he looked like he was in a lot of pain!! He had a lot of reason to look that way, he had shattered at least one of the bones in his leg. That is the day the ministry was born. I adopted Myles as my prayer partner since Myles and Mike inspired it. Mike spent a few monthes in a wheelchair after the fight. After the 2008-2009 season the sea wolves folded and the Gladiators picked Mike up!!

Now that you know how we got Mike, you should know a little bit about Mike. Michael Couch was born February 22, 1983 in Canada (Alberta I believe). The 6 foot 4 208 pound defensive man played with the junior hockey league and then 2 years at St. Thomas university where he majored in economics. He then made his pro debut in Torino Italy in 2006 (lucky guy). As I said earlier he spent 2 seasons with Mississippi. This tough guy and I have 3 things in common, we both like Jason Aldean, hitting the beach and hanging out with friends. We also like naps (nothing better than a sunday afternoon nap). Ok that statement about us both liking naps probably put the wrong idea in someones mind so I'll walk away from it!!I recently saw Michael at practice and he looks good--he has a HUGE, beautiful smile. I wish Michael all the luck in the world and hope he can stay off the injury list!! I also would love to see that smile more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment