Monday, November 2, 2009

the inspiration for my ministry and why I'm not giving up

I'm always asked three questions about my ministry:
1) What is it?
2) Why do you do it?
3) Why don't you just give up?

To answer one and two, I started the ministry "Hope in hockey" to help the thrashers and Gladiators. People were matched up with hockey players to pray for. After that we basically wait for them to need us. Some go to games and they're also able to go to practices. I just had this burden for the boys and I didn't know where to turn until this idea just hit me.I just want to do this for the boys to let them know not everyone want something from them, there's people there to look out for them.

To answer three, I didn't come all this way to just give up!! I feel like we may have a chance to help these guys either find purpose or find a "family" here in Georgia. Everyone needs a purpose and someone who cares. It hurts me to know that I have people questioning me. I just love these boys so much!! Please keep the ministry in your thoughts and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment