Thursday, July 1, 2010

why I don't mind summer: Ryan Lochte



I was a swimmer in high school, I know big shocker, so now when there's a swim meet on TV or the summer olympics are on I'm glued to the TV for a few reasons including a few of the swimmers. I started off just liking Michael Phelps but then a few other swimmers caught my eye. I started to really have an interest in Ryan Lochte, none of my friends really knew much about him so it was kinda cool having an athlete who was just mine. Ryan "Reezy" Lochte is one of those boys you think you couldn't bring around your mom or grandma but you would to love hang out with. He is also a model with ford modeling agency. The reason I think I like Reezy so much is that while he is almost as popular or as popular as Michael Phelps he has less bad press and I'm kinda tired of Michael Phelps, it's like if Michael swims he wins with Reezy chances are he'll win but you never know. Plus he seems pretty cool and did I mention the hair?? I LOVE his hair!!! It's all crazy and curly, especially when he takes his swim cap off. I wish I could play with his hair, I think it would be fun! Reezy is awesome, though there is one problem with him....... he swam for the university of Florida, that's right the gators!!! I won't hold his college against him, if I could be friends with a Georgia Tech Grad I can root for a gator!! In the 2008 Olympics he won 1 individual gold, 1 relay gold and 2 individual bronze. At the 2009 world championships Reezy won 4 golds (2 individual, 2 relay) and 1 individual bronze. At the worlds Reezy also beat michael's time in the 200 meter IM, which at 2009 worlds michael didn't swim that event he was suppose to but didn't. With being a model and a swimmer he gets a lot of attention, especially since his relay teams ussually consist of Phelps, which lead to him being cougar bait! He was featured on some web site/blog called confessions of a cougar!! Cougars are starting to get out of control!! Any way Ryan is really good and is improving, breaking his records at every compatetion!! I wish Ryan so much luck with everything he does and maybe one day he'll beat Michael!!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has the same birthday as me I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete