Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thank God for interstate best buddies

I was reading an article on Freddie Freeman, in the article it was talking about the cool tight bond between Freddie and Atlanta Brave Jason Heyward. Up until the home opener this season Jason and Freddie played together ever since they were both were drafted by Atlanta. Heyward started off with a home run and has continued to do well Freddie was having issues to begin with but has calm down and matured a lot. Freddie and Jason are a month apart in age (both turning 21 this year) which makes it even more awesome that they can be roommates and friends. Freddie is from California and Jason is from Georgia.The fact that Freddie isn't from around here showed the night that Jason made us all proud by hitting his first home run. Freddie was on his way when he got stuck in traffic and decided to turn around and watch the at bat at home, he got there just in time he later went out with Jason and the heywards after that game. I've been learning a lot about friends lately. I have one best friend who I have known for 3 years, her name is Alli we were the same age as Freddie and Jason when we met. I don't know what it is about 20 year old kids and being away from their families that makes it easy for them to click quickly but it seems to have happened multiple times. I love that there's at least one friend we all have that seems to always be there for me one of those friends is Alli (who I mentioned earlier). There are some bad things about having a friend who lives in or is from another state, the distance. If they leave near you and they aren't from where y'all live then they would be away from family or if they do live in another state then you wouldn't get to see them as much. But distance could be a good thing because when you do get to see each other it's that much sweeter! I know whenever me and Alli see each other it's like a treat! I loved seeing her the last time that I saw her. She came up and we got to visit for a while before she had to drive the rest of the way to North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment