Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not wanting to go but not wanting to stay

I live in the small town of Loganville, it's the kind of town where people leave or wanna leave right after high school. I kinda left by moving in with my grandparents to go to school close to their house but I didn't officially leave until 2007 when I went to Tennessee Temple but then had to come back at the end of the semester and not return. I hated coming back even though I kinda liked it to begin with I grew to hate it. I had a taste of freedom and I wanted it back. After a while I started to not mind it as much I started find a niche and I loved it but then me and mom fought a lot and it got to where I wanted to leave again. So I started the application process 2 times with job corps and actually stuck with it the second time. Then I got the call for the over the phone interview and was told that on the 31st of August I would be leaving for the program, which was fine. The next week I got a call that they wanted me to come on August 17th which was the following Tuesday which threw all of my plans out of whack and stressed me out sooooo bad. But I got it all finished and I had sometime the day before I left to do some stuff I wanted to. So on August 16th I got ready and jumped in the car not really knowing what the plan was but knowing I wanted to do something. So I first headed off to drop off a gift for Freddie Freeman at the field, then headed to the ice Forum to say goodbye to krittle (who wasn't there) and then it was on to get the release forms signed for the doctors. After I did that I went to my high school to see coach Godfrey. We sat and talked for a while then our little catch-up session got cut short by a phone call but as I hugged him I felt as if letting go was letting go of stuff that was safe and secure and familiar. I hated this small town now I don't wanna leave it so goodbye small town!

No comments:

Post a Comment