Saturday, August 7, 2010

come and get it hockey (pictures by amanda)


ok so the last week of July I was at come and get it hockey camp hanging out and helping where I could. This is the 2nd time I did that this summer. This time was a little different. First thing that was different was some of the workers from last time couldn't make it. Danny Taylor had a wedding to go to, tom Zanoski wasn't there, Chris Thorburn was there but to skate with some of his friends during one of our breaks and Liz was only there 2 days. It was ok that they weren't there because we had Sulli's amazing family as well as Josh Johnson and Matt Auffrey. Of course all the other workers that were there last time were there this time including a parent volunteer. Another thing that was different was that Sulli was able to get out on the ice which I could tell made him happy. Last time Sulli was still recovering from surgery so he wasn't allowed out on the ice (but I did see him walk out on it a few times). We also had girl campers this time which was completely awesome (proud supporter of girl power). We also had some kids that were there last time but not this time, which was ok because we had new kids and I was completely stolked about the girls being there. We knew what to expect a little more this time which made it easy not having Liz there. I had probably the same amount of down time this time as I did last time which was ok but I would have likt to have been able to have done more at both camps.One thing that was kinda the same was that something special happened on wednesday. Last time Bogi showed up this time my friend Alli stopped by for a visit! She got to meet my peeps (I almost said that with a straight face). I loved seeing her again I just wished she could have stayed long. But I truely love this camp and I think if it's still around when I have kiddos my kids will be enrolled at this camp! one thing I also liked was Sulli's family they were amazing!! His grandma looked at me and was like "so.....when are you coming to brampton?" I told her as soon as I got my passport I would be on my way! She was just so cute! I honestly can't wait to see if I'm able to atleast drop by next year! look the camp up y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment