Saturday, August 7, 2010

My future realized

After I left Tennessee Temple university in 2007 I was looking at all my options, which didn't look good. The economy soon tanked and I was left still living at home with no job and very few options. So finally I got the ball rolling with Job corps which is government ran program for people from 16-24 who need their GED (which I don't need) or hands on training for a career (which I do need) and the best part is that it's all free AND you get paid!! SO I did all of my paper work and I thought that I would be a shoe in because of me being out of a job for so long and being an adult. There was one problem, I never heard back from them and I kept having to call and check on my application and paper work. The poor advisor was probably sick of hearing from me but it paid off. Recently I heard from the center I would be going to down in Brunswick Ga and they accepted me into their medical program. Obviously being a thorn in some one's side pays off. The one bad thing is that we're not completely sure how long I'll be gone. So I may be gone for all of hockey season which would kinda be awful! I know it's good for me to get training and all but I don't wanna be gone for all of hockey season! So the plan is for me to go in do the 4 week orientation and adjustment period and then work as hard as humanly possible (times 10) so I get back in a few months so maybe I can see some hockey! so hopefully I can work something out so I can see hockey. I also hope I can find someone to run the ministry and the blog while I'm gone thankfully I found out 3 weeks before I had to leave. I actually leave the 31st of August! So excited!! I'll keep y'all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment