Friday, August 6, 2010

My love/hate relationship with Sidney Crosby


If you've known me for a while you know that I love hockey, you also know that because of my heritage I feel some kind of loyality towards players with my heritage (like Boris Valabik) and it is for that reason I started to really hate Sidney Crosby. You see Sidney is one of those guys who hits everyone but a lot of the time gets upset when other people hit him well one day he hit the wrong person, in the wrong body part and in the wrong situation. Boris was in a fight with a Penguin and when he leanes over Sidney throws a punch hitting Boris below the belt from behind. I felt so bad for Boris, as big as Boris is he could have squished Sidney like a bug! Sidney is only 5 foot 11 and 200 pounds where as Boris is 6 foot 7 and 250 pounds. Then there's the whole thing about him not liking ovie's rough style of play to which ovie says "that's how I play!....what is he going to do? Cry?" God I love ovie! So there's the main reason I don't like Sidney but I also don't like him because he just seems like he has this huge ego. I do have to say that I watched a video of him on youtube (which I will post later) and saw how goofy he was and how sweet he was with kids and that egotistical, jerkish picture started to change. So there he was the 22 year old stanely cup AND gold medal winning superstar just being him and I was the 23 year old woman who couldn't make up her mind about him! Sidney is talented and nice but I just have no clue if I completely like him just yet. Sidney does have this amazingly young, fresh personality that is so over due. There are people in the world of sports who have an idea of how athletes should act and it sometimes stale! Yeah I'm all for them being nice and keeping in mind kids are watching them but that doesn't mean they can't act youthful and like they are having fun isn't that what sports are all about? I also love the fact that Sidney is determind. I saw a quote on quote daddy by Sidney that said "I think to be great, you have to prove that you're the best year after year and show that by winning. I think that's something you have to earn. You have to prove that. I don't really think about it. I think that's something that's too far ahead for me." He knows he should have goals but wants to enjoy the present and man does he have a lot to enjoy, winning both the gold medal in 2010 and the stanley cup the year before! There are so many people who hat him because of the whole "crybaby attitude" he has when he gets hit or something doesn't go his way. But of course a lot of Canadians and penguin fans love him. I am one of the token people who is not in one of those categories who happen to (somtimes) love him. I completely forgot the girl reason I like him, he's flippin' hot! I know that this a blog for my ministry but I can't sit here and totally act I haven't noticed that he's very good looking even though I can do without the facial hair he sported while playing for the stanley cup. ANyway there you have it! that's my view on sid the kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment