Wednesday, August 4, 2010

good bye to a Russian and a "great white"

Vyacheslav Kozlov, better known as Slava, has left the team. I wasn't shocked or broken hearted over this one. Slava had been bad mouthing coach anderson to anyone who would listen and he didn't end the season doing too well. So I'm hopeful to see if we will have any Russians next year, and if so how many and will they stay? We've had bad luck with Russians but hopefully this year will be better for us both in wins and with people staying. I wanted so much for there to be a heavy Russian influence for baby Alex (burmistrov) but with Slava having issues with coach bashing what would he teach Alex? You teach and lead by example. You can only speak so lound but your actions speak louder! If only he would have seen that you can't play bad and bad mouth a coach and expect to stay at a origization even if the coach does leave. I was wondering if Slava would have changed his mind about wanting to leave after coach left but now we all know he can't change his mind. Even though I lost respect for him after the coach bashing I still wish him luck. Also Leaving is Todd White who is being traded for 2 Rangers. Although I didn't know much about Todd or had much interaction with him, it's still sad to say goodbye. SO I wish both guys luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment