Monday, September 20, 2010

Southern girl and her mentor, the High school football coach

I'm such a southern backwards kinda girl that I love me some fried chicken and some football, I also go to church and say darn tootin' from time to time. My 1st love was George Straight and my mentor is the coach of the football team @ old my high school andhe is the proud daddy of 3 kids (2 pretty little girls and a handsome little boy). How more southern can I get? Well I guess I could get a truck but that's beside the point. The point is that I have an awesome God fearing mentor who has stuck by me and has probably prayed for me for 7 years. I hadn't contacted him for the whole 7 years but he probably had been praying for me and probably had my back for those 7 years. I'm so very proud of coach Godfree. I believe he has won all of his games so far this season except for 1. Good Job coach!! I can't wait to see if we go to state I already looked and I'll be home thanksgiving so maybe if they have games then I'll be able to go if not I wish him the best of luck! We need to win state to show that little towns can do great things and can win Championships. I'll always be on of "coach's kids" and I'm completely honored to have that title. He's not just a coach or a teacher to his kids, to me he was a Godly father figure who was there for me when I felt my own family had lost some faith in me and my biological dad wasn't there. I had an awesome stepdad and all that so I had family but I still needed someone to talk to when they didn't seem to get it. Looking back now I'm so blessed and lucky to have a guy like coach to be there if I ever needed him. He has the tendancy to drive kids home and that sort of thing, I swear coach isn't just a coach or teacher of the year he's the coach or teacher of 50 years (I have no clue if that just made sense but act like it did). He is one of the 1st people I missed when I came down to job corps and He is one of the ones who has made the best impact in my life. I love coach and owe him so much gratitude, thank you doesn't seem to cut it. But coach I love you and I thank you for all you have done by just being there, you may think you didn't do much but just being there means more to someone than if you had done more. So lets go win the championship Coach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment