Monday, December 20, 2010

5 foot 3 part Slovakian girl VS 6 foot 7 full blooded slovakian boy

When you're 5 foot 3 inches tall there's not much room to really trust someone who you have to crane your neck to look at. But as I craned my neck to look at a full blooded Slovakian who towered over me at 6 foot 7 inches tall and 250 pounds I felt tears sting the back of my eyes. "My God he's beautiful," I thought. He seemed walked passed me in one giant step but I tugged at his jersey after saying "Boris?" He looks and smiled, I'm sure all he saw was a tiny girl who was completely terrified of him. "UM... I'm Slovakian and so um..... Can I get a picture?" His smile grew wider and he says "You're slovak?" I smiled and said yes. He put one long arm around me and lowered his head to kiss the top of mine. I think he felt like there was some cool conection and pride in a Slovakian community in Georgia. I got my picture I asked for and told him that my grandma makes the best Hullusky in Georgia if he ever wanted to taste it to let me know. He agreed to at least try it. As I looked for something in his face I found a lot..... I found my nose, my eyes and eyebrows, my lips and as search the rest of him for some more something I found more of me..... my hair, my skin and my long fingers and big hands and feet. I noticed that I was him in a small girl package. I think he saw me get over whelmed cause he started to rub my back. How could he look so much like me? I was over whelmed by the idea that I was more connected to my annsectors than I once thought. I know he's one Slovak and there are hundreds of thousands of Slovaks who don't look like him or me but I know there's got to be a few. He finally did get his Hullusky from my Grandma and as far as I know he liked it. The reason I bring Boris up again is because I still miss my giant! I look at old posts of mine or old post of my friend, Ms. Virginia and just feel so sad that my giant won't be there any more! That quote from the AJC just kills me. He talked like some kid who's looking for a home "I'll be good, I can learn, Please pick me!" How can Don and the higher ups treat him like that? Far as I know he did all they asked of him. He definitley had the drive, work ethic and willingness to learn. I have no clue it just upset me it took all I had not to jump Don at the game saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment