Sunday, April 18, 2010

The problem with last games and practices

The problem? After that that's it- no more weither or not you're in playoffs. Last games are hard on coaches, players, staff and fans. I went to the last game for the Gladiators on April 3rd. It was kinda sad because this was the 1st time in the 7 year history of the team that there would be no playoffs. It was time for goodbye. I went with my friend Kelsey-who is awesome by the way- and on the way we kept talking about how sad it was that this was the end. What made it easier was I knew coach wouldn't get rid of everyone, he might but it was unlikely. The boys were playing the stringrays for at least the 2nd time that weekend. It didn't feel like the last game, it just felt like a game. I was happy to see Krystal since wasn't at the last game I went to so I went over to say hey-I absulutley love her, she's awesome. I told her since I had gotten to be friends with forney and a couple of the other guys that I may cry and she told me that if I cry she's cry too. I was good during the game- I didn't cry. It was an aweful game though, my boys didn't try. They had somewhere around 10 shots on goal where as the stringrays has about 40. David Brown, the goalie, was a rockstar letting only 3 in. There was some shoving matches but nothing too major. Chad Denny tried to insert hinself into the begining stages of a fight and ended up being the only one drawing a penalty for it. Now I love Chad and I love his rough style but why would you butt in on the begining of a fight? Sadly it ended being 3-0. That's right my boys got shut out in THEIR house, on THEIR last night. Over the season someone told me because I had prayed over them that the boys were now my brothers. So "my brothers" came and saluted the fans and the booster club president. It was then that I realized I had seen them for the last time. We stayed for the end of the season slide show thing and some of the jersey of their backs auction but it was time to go eat @ the after party!! We had gotten there, found a place to sit and ordered when Phil and 3 other boys came in, it was only going to be 4 there that night, it was then that I decided to go deal with a little problem me and Phil had. So I went to say hey to the boys. I went over to Phil and patiently waited for him to get done talking but he looked at me and smiled, "hey what's up?" I smiled and said "Hey! I justed wanted to talk but it can wait til you are done." SO he finished up and we walked over to his table, "So what's up?" So I told him what I had to say and he just smiled and said that it was ok I didn't have to apologize it was ok! He smiled again and can I just say that I love his smile, I don't get to see it much but I love it- it's sweet and simple. So I went back to Kelsey and ate. I felt sooooooo bad because I kept leaving her. I loved it (besides feeling guilty for leaving Kelsey) because I got to talk to Kelsey and my boys, I also met Liz (sulli's wife) and just had fun. At some point I looked a Phil then said something about him to Kelsey and she laughed and said "Did you just say something about his butt?" I laughed and leaned over saying "Well since you're accusing me of looking I am now!!!!" I know I know I'm running a ministry but I'm human. I'm not proud of it but I checked him out. It was pretty funny and I know Phil won't be offended. At the end of the night I went to say good bye to the 4 boys and Liz. I went to Pat 1st and he hugged me. I about cried when he told me he MAY see me next season then I had the same situation with Jason. What is it with my boys wanting me to cry?? Then I went to Phil and he was the only one not to hug me or even really say goodbye. It was then Sulli's turn and he hugged me and told me that he'd see me at camp over the summer if I came to help out. So after I talked to Liz for a while we left. I got home at 1 and Kelsey and I sat and talked for a little bit. Finally at 2:30- 3:00 I was getting ready for bed and at 4 I was falling a sleep. Getting up for church was hateful. The wednesday after the game I went to see bogi practice for the las time. So practice went on as normal nothing too exciting. Bogi came off the ice and I told him I'd see him in september. Then Evander Kane and Ondrej Pavelec came out from putting their gear up to sign some autographs. I told Ondrej I wanted to be a goalie because of him and he seemed shocked (and kinda delighted) that I wanted to be a goalie but humbled that it was because of him that I made this desicision. He's a really amazing goalie. When Evander and Ondrej tried to get back in to the locker room they were locked out. I walked behind them to go to my car and I didn't feel like I had just said goodbye to them. The next day they had their last practice and I didn't go I had just got done with 1 house sitting job and was on my way to another. While unpacking my stuff from the 1st job I was unpacking the stuff that I wore to say goodbye and the stuff I had signed. It was kinda sad because it was like it was really real that all the in person stuff was over. I watched the last 2 thrasher games on TV. The 1st one they lost with Pavs in goal and the last one was a shut out (and a win) with Moose in goal. I guess I picked the wrong goalie to look up to. So it's all over and all I have to do is wait until I know who may be coming in for next season and write blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment