Sunday, April 11, 2010

sad time for the ministry

This finally ends hockey season for almost all of the teams in the ministry. Yes the Chicago wolves are the only team in the ministry going to playoffs. The thrashers ended their season this saturday while the gladiators ended their season last Saturday. It's kinda sad especially when they do those year end videos like this one



Sad. It's kinda like sending your brothers off to college if your brothers are all freakishly tall and are really good at hockey. I think the part where it hit me was this week when I checked the Gladiators website and there was no practices and no games listed. Also when I talked to Drew Akins and he mentioned being back home studying or doing some project for college. I do know the old saying remember the good times and I also know they'll be back soon. To the point of remember the good times here is a video I found from Christmas that is kinda good


I'll be posting videos and pictures later. To the point of you'll see them again, I'll see some or most of the guys again--not all. So I couldn't sleep hence why I'm up at 3 am working on this when the last Thrasher game (which I watched on Sports south) ended between 10 and 11. I just couldn't believe it, it's all over. This is the time of the year when I make sure I have full support for next season and see how the last season went. I really didn't do that last season, I guess cause I was lazy and not a lot of people cared. so here I am looking at the past few months wondering where the time went and how I could get it back. There were no problems in the beginning of the season then there was a few times when situations and drama came up but I handled it and I'm learning from it. There was a lot of changes of the rosters and a couple changes to the ministry. One of the big changes to the ministry was the addition of the wolves to the ministry. I also got a partner with the ministry. Coach Pyle of the Gladiators has been more involved which is nice. I got to pray over the boys and got some friends out of it including Michael Forney. One difference between this season and last was that last off season Jeff Mason's father died and never had we had someone involved in the Gladiator nation die since I became a fan but this season we had a loss during the season Mr. John Martin who was the Zamboni driver at the Gladiator games, he was only 66 and died of a heart attack. This ministry is a living breathing tribute to him so it can not fail. This season was hard on me. It was the 1st full season of the ministry and I had no clue what I was doing still. I still have my moments where I'm completely confused at what to do. This season was good in some ways, I grew as a person learned some stuff and I know what I have to do during the off season. I have to pray, reflect and move on. so there maybe more blogs about the 2009-2010 season. It's so crazy that this time last year the Glads were in the playoffs losing to Florida and the Thrashers were not in play offs but won their last game. This year there's no play offs for either team but the thrashers were the only winners in their last game. I believe the wolves will be in the playoffs this season but I have to check. Also this season we got rid of a super star, Mr. Ilya Kovalchuck. God I wish we got into playoffs to show Ilya we could do it. ok so It's nearing 4 and I have to at least temp this thing called falling asleep one last time. So here's the anthem of the ministry or at least 1:



No comments:

Post a Comment