Saturday, April 17, 2010

Star player--- Coach Jeff Pyle!!


I think Gladiator fans have a pretty solid arguement for best coach. Coach Jeff Pyle has been the coach since the Gwinnett Gladiators since the 1st season in 2003. He was also the coach for the Mobile Mysticks before they became the Gwinnett Gladiators. Coach has been a constant supporter of my ministry allowing me to pray over the boys once this season. I enjoyed that experience with coach's support I felt like I was actually doing something and that I was needed. He has lead our boys to playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, which really isn't bad when you take into account the trades, injuries and all out craziness that goes on in the minor leagues. I know many times I would mention coach to one of the boys and they would just say "yeah I love coach" and just go on about all the great things about coach. He is so calm and encouraging to the boys. I had sent him a letter in 2009 about the ministry and since then we've been emailing back and forth. The 1st time I saw him at the ice forum I went up to him and introduced myself to him and everytime he's seen me he has made some effort to say hey or something to me. If it's true what some of my friends had said about the boys being my brothers since I prayed over them that would make Coach Papa Pyle!! But in all seriousness coach has had to deal with a lot of craziness in the past few years and I'm so proud of the way he has handled everything and how he has treated the boys. If someone mentions you to a lot of people you have coached and none of them can say one thing bad about you then you're doing something right!! Coach, I thank you for all of the support you have given to the ministry and the oppurnity you have given me, it means the world to me. I can not say enough good things about you coach. Good luck with everything coach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment