Saturday, February 26, 2011

Star player: Coach Ramsey

As Much as I liked Coach Anderson we need to move on and see what we have now. What we have now is one of the best coaches in the league! Yes I just went there! I think Coach Craig Ramsey is such a classy guy, he treated me with respect when I went up to him during the summer. I just went up to him and said "Coach Ramsey?" in true coach style no matter what voice carries the word coach he looks. So when he looked I said "I'm sorry to bother you...." He says "Oh no no what's your name?"  He sticks out his hand and when I shook his I said "Christina Kimball" He says "Nice to meet you Ms. Kimball" I was floored but asked him to call me Christina. I was soooooo impressed by him in that one moment and have continued to be impressed by him. Opening night is always nerve racking then imagine being the head coach who just started and then add on top of that having your starting goalie faint, yeah that would be a tough first regular season day on the job. He's so made for this job and for this team. He has a lot of young people on his team which is good cause he has a lot of wisdom! He once said "The reward for playing well is the chance to do it again." He does show that mentality a lot if one of his boys plays well the kid gets a chance to do it again! Take Alex Burmistrov, he's played well and has gotten a lot of chances to do it again and again and again! He's so good for these boys and good for our town. That day that I met him changed the way I look at thrasher coaches. I'm crazy to say that but it's true Coach anderson didn't really stop to talk to the fans Ramsey does! I really like him and that's why I wanted to honor him! Good luck coach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment