Sunday, February 27, 2011

Never Question people

This is Kyle Maynard, he's the driving inspiration for a lot I do. I lost that inspiration a couple times but I've gotten it back. I get so mad when people make fun of Kyle or say that he shouldn't do something or that he can't do something. "Why? Why can't he? Why shouldn't he?" If they say something besides "It'll hurt him" I just tell them "shut up and watch him try!" I never want Kyle not to do something but there should be a line he draws somewhere sometimes. I never tell him not to and I never say he can't, I've been proven wrong and I feel stupid for thinking that he can't. To me he's normal so when people say he can't and say he's disabled I say "he is? hadn't noticed" then I look at him and say "when did that happen?" People laugh when I say that but to me there's nothing different about him we're both going to 25 year old this year, he drives, he has a job and does everything a normal 25 year old does. So is there a difference? Should he have different rules? I get so mad at people, but I'm so proud he proves people wrong everyday. I one day hope to do something awesome and have him be able to brag on me. If I get my dream job as an Athletic trainer and I run out to take care of Matt Ryan I want Kyle to brag and maybe say to the effect of "I knew she could do it look at her! Way to go Christina!"

No comments:

Post a Comment