Sunday, June 20, 2010

Star Player: Dan Sullivan (and his wife liz)


I wish I could say that I'm honoring my prayer partner for some great play or some awesome goal he scored but the reason I'm honoring him is because he is so amazing as a person. His motto in life is "just do it". Sulli runs a camp during the summer for kids called "Come and get it hockey" and his amazing wife Liz helps out. I met Sulli the year he came to be a gladiator (in 2008-2009) he wasn't my prayer partner then but I became his prayer partner in 2009 (during the summer). He is such a sweet genuine guy. I met his wife during the 2009-2010 season at the last after party. I love them both, they just are so amazing. Dan scored 15 goals and 18 assists in the 2009-2010 season. While that stat is impressive for a guy who told me "well I can't score goals so I might as well fight" I wanted to honor Sulli and Liz for their work at come and get it hockey. They had 68 campers at the June 7-11 camp I loved hanging out and doing little things as they came up to help. It was so crazy but we all survived for the most part. Dan had surgery in may so he wasn't able to go out on the ice. He is so good with those kids though. He had one kid who couldn't hardly skate his 1st year at the camp and Dan had to help up if he fell so finally Dan told him that he would have to get up on his own next time and the boy did and this little boy is now 11 and is now so good at playing compared to where he was and I believe it was all because Dan invested in the kid. Thank God for Dan and Liz. They do sooooooo good camp. Dan congrats on all you have done and Liz God bless you for helping Dan and dealing with his maddness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment